photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Savory Sunday Recipe Share

Happy Sunday!  I don't usually post on Sundays, but I teased you all with some promises of recipes yesterday and I want to make good on that.  It has been an awesome weekend!  I got to spend time with my family.  Today was an awesome service at church and 2 different birthday parties to celebrate some very cute kiddos.  2 parties and 2 cakes, and I had NONE!!!  I am proud of myself today!  So here are the recipes I promised to share.
White Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 med. onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
  • 2 cans of great northern beans (15.5. oz each)
  • 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz)
  • 1 can green chilies (4 oz)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • t tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1/2 cup fat free half & half
Instructions:
  1. In a large sauce pan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.  Add beans, broth, chilies, and all seasonings.
  2. Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Stir in sour cream and half & half.
One cup of this is 7 points+.  We like to put baked Tostito scoops and Weight Watchers Mexican blend cheese in ours.  This is VERY yummy!!!

Corn Pudding

Ingredients: 

  • 8.5 oz corn muffin mix
  • 15.25 oz can sweet yellow corn, drained
  • 14.75 oz can sweet corn cream style
  • 16 oz fat free Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup melted light butter 
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • cooking spray 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with a spoon, it will be fluffy and you will think you did something wrong, don't worry, you are doing fine. Pour into baking dish and bake 55-60 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let it cool a few minutes before cutting.
This makes 15 pieces and it is 6 points+ a piece.  I got this recipe from Skinnytaste, a GREAT website!  Click here for original recipe.


Pumpkin Fluff

Ingredients:
  • 15 oz. canned pumpkin
  • 1 small box sugar free pudding mix (I have used vanilla, cheesecake, and white chocolate flavors)
  • 8 oz. fat free Cool Whip
  • 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in the order listed.  Chill for at least one hour.

1 cup is 2 points+.  This is such a great dessert.

This is the salad we had.  It was just a spring mix, chopped pecans, mandarin oranges, craisins, blue cheese crumbles, and dressing.  Here is the dressing I used.  It is 1 point+ for 2 tbsp.


Points on this depend on the toppings you add!  This salad was SO YUMMY!!!!!

Whew, what a long post.  All the points values are based on the original recipes I had.  If there are any errors, please let me know.  I am only repeating information!!!  I hope you all had a great day and enjoy these recipes.  I am going to say goodbye for now and watch some football!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment