photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Impossible, or not? And a new recipe!


TUESDAY!!  I have so much to share with you all today! Last night was a sad night at my house.  We ran out of apples and bananas.  My kids ate the last of them (which I am glad they ate fruit instead of junk).  I always have an apple for my evening snack, so I was bummed.  SO, this morning I decided to go to the grocery and purchase more apples and bananas.  For those of you who don't know, I am legally blind and not supposed to drive.  So I decided to ride my bike to the grocery store, which is almost 4 miles from my house.  It was a little chilly this morning, 33 degrees.

I did pretty good riding to the store.  Riding home was much more difficult.  I so wanted to quit, I was riding against the wind and I did not think I could make it.  I finally stopped and got control of my breathing and gave myself a pep talk and I made it all the way back home.  It was a slow ride, but I DID it.

While I was at the store (which I am never alone at the store), I really wanted to buy a candy bar or snack cake.  They were right there in the check-out.  I am proud to say that I did not give in.

When I got home, I made a cup of Starbucks Vanilla coffee and ate a banana and a protein bar.  What made it even better is that my banana sticker had a minion on it!!!  I know I am a big kid, but it made me smile.  I worked hard to get those bananas!

Yesterday I tried a new recipe for baked oatmeal breakfast cookies.  I got the original recipe from Pinterest.  You can click here for the original recipe.  I changed it up a bit for my own plan.  They turned out pretty yummy!!!  Even the boys and hubby liked them.

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (I used the old fashioned kind)
2 ripe bananas; mashed until creamy
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
*Mix vanilla extract and cinnamon into the applesauce
*Blend applesauce mixture in with the mashed banana
*Add in cranberries and mini chocolate chips
*Drop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten cookie into rounds
*Bake for 25-30 minutes

This made 12 nice sized cookies for me.  I put the recipe into Weight Watchers recipe builder and they came out to be 2 points per cookie, or 2 cookies for 3 points.  YUMMY!  I ate mine warm with a glass of Light Vanilla Silk!

Today is Transformation Tuesday.  Here is my pic for today!

It is just a head shot, but you can tell a little difference.  93.4 pounds gone FOREVER!!!!  You can do it, it is not always easy and you will want to quit, but anything is possible!!

November 12 - Today I am thankful for my body.  I am discovering new things it is able to do since I started living a healthier life.  Who would think an old, fat woman (I say that with love) could ride her bike almost 8 miles to buy fruit?  I love pushing my body and seeing what I can accomplish with it.  Watch out world, there is more to come!!!!

Sorry for being so wordy today!  Hope you all are having a wonderful 11-12-13!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Fruit and a workout, I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete