photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Menu Share and Catch-Up

Happy Monday!  I apologize for being so quiet over the weekend.  I took some time away from everything to spend with my family.  I had an amazing weekend.  Saturday was a little rough because of the stupid migraine, but I made the best of it.  And yesterday we went to the Indianapolis Colts game and tailgated before the game.  We had so much fun (even though we lost badly).  There were some great memories made yesterday with family and friends.  While at the game, I noticed 2 NSV’s (non-scale victories).  First, I fit in the stadium seat much better than I did at the last game we went to a couple years ago.  I was not squished and did not feel like I was overflowing!  Also, at previous games, I have always prayed I wouldn't need to use the bathroom because I didn't want to have to climb the stairs until I had to.  Yesterday, I went to the bathroom 3 times and was hardly even winded at the stairs.  AND I am only down 1/3 of what I want to be.  Imagine how I will feel in another year!  And one more thing that happened yesterday was I took a picture of me and my hubby and for the first time ever, I actually thought I looked nice.  That is huge for me!!!!!!! So I am sharing the pic with you today!!!

Today has started off well.  I got my 4 mile walk in, but I am still struggling with this big toe hurting.  I am hoping I get relief soon from the meds the doctor gave me.  If not, he wants me to have a bone scan done.  Because it is Monday, I am sharing my menu with you for the week (NOTICE: some things are repeats from last week because of a plan change).

Monday: Taco Salad
Tuesday: Turkey Smoked Sausage, Mac and Cheese, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and a veggie
Wednesday: Grilled Steaks, Baked Potatoes, and a veggie
Thursday: Meatloaf Muffins, Mashed Potatoes, and a veggie
Friday: Leftover night
Saturday: Birthday Party Day for my youngest so I think dad is grilling Burgers and Dogs
Sunday: Chili

I am a few days behind on my 30 days of thankfulness so I am catching up today.

November 9: Today I am thankful for my baby sister, Kathy.  She has grown into such an amazing woman and mother.  I am so proud of her and so thankful for the encouragement she gives me!!!

November 10: Today I am thankful for the power of prayer.  This typhoon has hit the Philippines and I am praying for the people there.  We have adopted a child there through Compassion and the last message I got could not confirm his safety.  He has been a part of our family for almost 3  years and I am praying for him and his family.   Here is our boy, John:


November 11:  Today I am thankful for all the men and women who are and have served our country in anyway.  Our lives would not be what they are today without all of you.  A THANK YOU doesn’t seem like enough, but it is a place to start.

That is all for today folks!  See you all tomorrow!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment