photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, June 17, 2013

Ramblings From the Beach

Sorry I haven's posted in a few days. We left Friday and headed to Fort Myers Beach, Florida. We rented a house right on the beach and as I sit here writing this I am looking at the ocean!

Please excuse any typos in this post. I am writing on my iPad and it is much more difficult than my computer.

Our first day down here was hard for me. Hubby wanted to go to his favorite restaurant and he ordered the cheesy crab dip and tortilla chips. I ate some and it was soooooo good. But for my meal I had a citrus glazed salmon and green beans. Then he wanted to go out to dinner. I had a coconut-macademia roasted grouper with veggies. I was within my points, but did not get all my fruits and veggies or dairy in. Yesterday was a much better eating day. I got all my healthy guidelines in!! Eating here is hard because hubby and kiddos order all the bad stuff that tempts me. Especially the peanut butter ice cream sundae and buttery popcorn at the movies last night. I am trying to convince hubby to take me to weigh-in down here this week. If I know I have to weigh, I will behave myself better. One advantage is having a house. I went to the store and bought stuff for breakfast, lunches, and snacks. And I am swimming a lot, The boys and I even walked (in the heat) a mile down the road to a farther away trolley stop just to get some extra exercise in. I wish I knew some water aerobics moves I could do while I am down here. If anyone knows any, please share!

My goal while here is to simply maintain my current weight. I would LOVE to lose, but vacations are hard. I really, really don't want to gain weight. I am trying to stay focused on the goal.

Well, I have rambled on enough, Our friends are due to come in today and I am so excited to spend the rest of the week with them.

Here is the view from our deck:

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment