photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Feelings of Inadequacy

Vacations (especially beach ones) always make me feel so bad about myself. I see all these women who are so confident and look so cute in their beach clothes, and I feel like a whale. I go into the shops and see tons of cute clothes, but none will fit me (yet). I am so self conscience. I feel like everyone is looking at the "fat" person and no one knows how far I have already come. I think a lot of us who are on this journey feel this way. I know I am doing amazing on this journey, but I am ready to just feel "normal." I want to be able to parasail and jet ski and all the other beachy things I am too heavy to do right now. I know I will get there, but I an ready NOW! I have to stop comparing myself with others and learn to be content in the present. Next year I could be 100 pounds lighter when we come here and maybe those clothes will fit and I can parasail.

On the more positive side, this morning I took a walk on the beach. I walked 2.26 miles. Walking in the sand (and Florida heat) are much different than walking on the treadmill or blacktop at home. I was soaking wet but I felt so good when I accomplished it. I love the Map my Walk App, I was listening to music and had the app running and a voice came over and told me I had made it a mile and the distance, and then two miles. I was so excited!!

Today has been a pretty good eating day so far. I did have one fruity drink, but managed to just have water at the amazing ice cream parlor on Sanibel Island! We were all hot, tired, and a little grumpy (at least I was ) after a day of shopping and swimming. Came home to cool down and I am feeling much better! Hubby wants to go out to eat again tonight. It is kinda a challenge to eat out and try to find meals that are on my plan!

Well better go for now!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment