photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back to Reality and Sweet Snack Ideas!

We made it home from an awesome beach vacation yesterday.  We had an amazing time and I did a few things I thought were impossible for me.  I can’t wait to go back next year!!!

Today I thought I would share four of my favorite sweet snacks that I always keep on hand in my pantry.  I eat something sweet almost every day.  That is one of the ways I keep myself from feeling deprived.

#1 – Special K Pastry Crisps – I love every flavor of these, but today at Wal-Mart I found the chocolate caramel ones.  They are very yummy and only 3 points+.




#2 – Fiber One Trail Mix Bars – These bars are so good with dried cranberries!  These really help keep me full as they have a lot of fiber in them and only 3 points+.



#3 – Nature Valley Baked Oatmeal – I found these at Sam’s Club.  I have the peanut butter flavor and they taste like a giant peanut butter cookie.  I have one often with a cup of hot green tea.  Delicious and 4 points+.



#4 – Nature Valley Protein Bars – These are a great choice for breakfast or a quick pick me up snack.  They are loaded with real nuts and are very satisfying.  They have 5 points+, but are worth it for the protein you get.



I also tried the Double Chopped Chicken Salad at Subway for lunch today (since we had NO food in our house).  It was so yummy!  You can load it up with all the veggies you want and they chop it up in to itty bitty pieces.  The salad itself is only 5 points+.  I added oil and vinegar to mine.  I will definitely be getting this again!



So I am back from vacation and have to get back into my routine.  I made a shopping trip today so I have no excuse not to cook dinner every night.  I also have to get back to working out every day.  I am ready!  I won’t weigh-in again until Thursday but I am being optimistic that I was successful on vacation.

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment