photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quitting is NOT an option!

I am feeling a little better today.  The past three days I have had an upset tummy! Not sure if it is something I ate or a bug.  I did get my workouts in though. NO EXCUSES right!

Today I want to write about two different topics that have really been on my mind lately.

#1 – Life does not have to stay the same!  I know so many of us overweight people convince ourselves that this is just how we are and try to be content with it.  I have “dieted” more times than I can remember and each time I failed, I convinced myself that I was just going to be fat forever and people should just like me for me.  Well people should like me for me, but I don’t have to stay this way forever and neither do you.  Whether it is weight or something else that we convince ourselves is “just how it is”, we can break free of those chains.  Believe me, I am not doing this to look better (even though it would be nice).  I just did not feel good.  Each day was a struggle to get out of bed.  How can that be the life I was meant to live.  We don’t have to stay the way we are right now.  Change is a choice, even though the journey is hard and long.  I have a poster on the wall in my workout room that sums this up:



#2 – Motivation – Even though I am having success on the scale, I still struggle mentally with this journey.  I have to find motivation each day to workout and make healthy eating choices.  By the time I have reached my goal, I will have lost 247.2 pounds.  My goal is to take a trip to Bora Bora when I get there.  So today I ordered two posters of Bora Bora to hang up in my workout room.  So when I think of quitting I can just look at the beach and remember the reward.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not only getting healthier to go to Bora Bora, but man what a reward.  I also made a set of jars to keep marbles in for how many pounds I have lost and how many I still have to go.  Please share some ideas that keep you motivated!  Today was hard.  On each machine I was ready to quit with just a few minutes left, but I kept going.
 


Well now that I have rambled on and on, I better go for now.  Have a great day!

Keep Losing,

Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment