photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What do you Crave?

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today has been a busy day!  I completed my workout this morning, rode my bike to work, and then I rode my bike to the spa to get my nails done!  I love the show “Biggest Loser.”  I always remember Jillian yelling at people to not hold on to the handles on the treadmill.  I am a “handle holder.”  I didn’t see what the big deal was.  Well today I tried without holding on and it was a much harder workout!  Especially when the incline is way up there!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I am a little nervous.  I am always nervous when I lose a big amount.  I have worked really hard this week and I am pleased with how I feel, so we will see if the scale agrees tomorrow.  In the meantime, I thought this was a funny comic:

Today I would like to share more from the introduction to “Made to Crave” by Lysa Terkeurst. 

“If we want to conquer our cravings, we’ll have to redirect them to God.  God made us capable of craving so we’d have a desire for more of Him, and Him alone.  Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our misguided cravings to the only one capable of satisfying them.  Getting healthy isn’t just about losing weight.  It’s not limited to adjusting our diet and hoping for good physical results.  It’s about recalibrating our souls so that we want to change – spiritually, physically, and mentally.  And the battle is really in all three areas.”

That last part really spoke to me.  I am doing Weight Watchers, but my journey is so much more than just a program to follow.  What works for me might not work for you (and that is OKAY). For me the mental aspect is the hardest.  Learning to believe in myself and that I can succeed at something.  I think Lysa’s words speak to such a variety of people, not just people trying to lose weight.  Whatever negative habit you feel you have, if you crave it more than God, this book was for you. 

This definition of crave really makes you think:


Well, I better say goodbye for now.  I will be back to give you weigh-in results tomorrow! Wish me luck (which I shouldn’t need because I have worked hard)!

Keep Losing,

Kari

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love the Biggest Loser but it puts the fear of God in me! I refuse to hold the handles of the treadmill for very long! I keep thinking Jillian Michaels is going to come out of nowhere and scream, "SHELLY LET GO OF THE HANDLES RIGHT NOW!!" Maybe I'm weird that way. :D

    ReplyDelete