photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Candy Bars, Ice Cream, and Chips!!!!!


Happy Saturday!  Today has been a lazy start day.  The kids are gone for the weekend and I actually slept in this morning!  Just now got cleaned up after my workout and it is after noon!  Hubby and I went on a date last night and we are going to go out again tonight! We are taking advantage of the kids being at their aunt’s house for the weekend.  Before I know it, school will be starting and a whole new routine for everyone will begin.

As I was reading Chapter 1 in “Made to Crave”, I came across a verse of scripture that really hit me:

“’Everything is permissible’ – but not everything is beneficial” (1 Corinthians 10:23).

God’s word here is so true.  Christ’s sacrifice is the only thing we need to ensure our eternity.  So that technically could that we can do whatever we want and as long as we believe we can still go to heaven.  However, His word says that not everything is beneficial.  I instantly applied these words to food and the Weight Watchers program.  With Weight Watchers, I can eat anything I want as long as I am within my 49 points for the day.  So I could choose to eat candy bars, chips, and ice cream as long as I had the points.  I may even lose weight for a while doing that.  But would I really be making myself healthier? NO!  I am not saying that once in a while I don’t splurge and spend 11 points on a mini chocolate xtreme blizzard (so did that last night and it was soooooo worth it).  But instead of eating that way every day, it is now an occasional treat.  And guess what, I now enjoy those treats even more!  So even though it is okay according to my eating plan to have whatever I want within my points, I have made the decision to use those points and make healthier choices.  Making healthier choices helps me feel better and have much more energy, and the healthier foods make me feel full longer than just a Reese’s Cup would!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I am excited about another date tonight and hopefully I can sweet talk hubby into getting me a skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks later! Cross your fingers for me!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment