photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Have I wasted an entire year?


Today marks two whole years since I joined Weight a Watchers for the umpteenth time and actually stayed with it.  The first year was AWESOME weight loss wise, but this past year has not been as good to me scale-wise. I am actually a few pounds heavier today than I was on this date last year.  

So did I waste this entire year weight loss wise?

At first I think yes, I could be down another 100 pounds and be so close to my goals.  But then I look back on the past year and remember the health challenges I have faced and the amount of emotional turmoil those have caused. 

I have had two female surgeries, two foot surgeries, and an eye surgery. Lots of recovery time, lots of inactive time, lots of not always eating the right things. 

Maybe I haven't lost any weight and kept it off the past year, but I can say that I have learned so much about myself. I have learned how strong I am. I have learned to love myself. I have learned how to live a healthier lifestyle. 

And all of that makes the past year just as important as the first year.  A number on a scale is not the only indicator of success.  Year one was spent on physical changes,  year two has been all about learning who I am and loving that person.  

I thank all of you for supporting me though the past two years.  I can't wait to see what year 3 has to offer!

Have an awesome weekend!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari
  

1 comment:

  1. Kari, you are an inspiration to many people & for that reason alone the year was not wasted. You can be proud that with all of your health issues to deal with you did not gain alot of weight back. You are learning new ideas for healthy eating every day, right? You have not given up, right? You are doing all that you are able to do. Stay positive! This year will be a healthier one & you will get closer each day to your goal! It is a healthy journey, it is a struggle, but it will be worth it when you are strong, health, & fit! God Bless, Deb.

    ReplyDelete