photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Looking in the Mirror!


Happy Wednesday everyone! I have gotten behind on blogging this week.  Life has been so busy with 2 boys involved in activities and the local fall festival.  Wednesday's I typically blog about some of my yummy eats for the week, but today I am doing something a little different.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you all know I really struggle with self image and self love and extremely low self esteem.  Well today the negativity hit me HARD after my workout.  I had finished my workout and had just gotten out of the shower and I looked in the mirror! YIKES, I hated what I saw.  Lots of flabby, fat rolls and not an attractive body at all.  But then I remembered to STOP myself.  I really looked in the mirror and here what I saw:
Now, I may not beautiful by some of society's standards.  But:
  • I am a woman who has lost 108 pounds!
  • I worked out today even though I really did not want to.
  • I went to the fall festival last night and did not indulge in the delicious smelling foods!
  • I am a good mother and a good wife and a good friend.
I remembered this article that I read a few weeks ago.  I HIGHLY encourage you all to take the time to read it.  This female reporter hired different people in 25 different countries to Photoshop her photo to their societies standard of beauty.  She shows the photos and I think it is just AMAZING how different cultures view beauty.

Here is the link:

We (especially women, but also men) have to learn to love and accept ourselves for who we are RIGHT NOW! Now this does not mean that I cannot work to better myself, but who I am on the inside is not going to change with the pounds I lose.  


So I am going to challenge you to come up with some reasons to love yourself right now.  Don't let the image in the mirror tell you how AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, AND WONDERFUL you are!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment