photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Windy Wednesday - On A Soap Box


So I really did not have an idea about what to blog about today until I saw this letter being posted all over Facebook.  The letter is supposedly what a lady in North Dakota is handing out to the children who come to her door trick-or-treating that are heavy (I guess if you are skinny you get candy, cause you know all skinny people have a healthy relationship with food (WHATEVER)). This really got me to thinking about several different things.  I follow probably over 100 different fitness, health related, weight loss sites. 

Every single person is fighting their own battle.  Some have lost 300 pounds and some are just beginning.  Some are running full marathons and some are just lucky they don’t need the electric cart at the grocery store anymore.  I would like to think that I am innocent in this.  However as I was walking yesterday a bicyclist passed me on the way my destination and on the way home.  The bicyclist was all dressed up in that “professional” biking clothes.  My first thought was that they probably wondered what a “fat” woman was doing out walking since they were so fit and fancy.  I got to thinking more about my first reaction.  I am judging that bicyclist too.  I don’t know where he started his journey or how far he has come.  We have to learn to stop judging people based on outward appearances.  We have no idea what that person has or is going through.

This lady in North Dakota doesn't know the story of each of those children who will walk up to her door.  Who is she to judge which ones are healthy or not based on their outward appearance?  There are people who weigh 125 pounds that have a food addiction just like me at 312 pounds.  We are all unique individuals and cannot be compared to a set stereotype.

That is all I am going to say about this topic.  I don’t want to get too much on a soap box, but PLEASE BE KIND TO EVERYONE.  I love this song and I think it really relates to what I am talking about today.

In brighter news, tomorrow is my 1 year weigh-in at Weight Watchers, so stay tuned for results!!!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment