photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Transformation Tuesday!!!


Happy Transformation Tuesday!!  I hope you all have had a great start to your week.  I had a bit of a rough mental day yesterday.  I just wasn’t feeling it at all.  My eating was great, but I didn't want to do anything.  By dinner, I was only at 50% of my activity for the day.  So after I ate, I went for a walk and walked 3.8 miles!!!!  I barely beat the darkness coming home. I am not looking forward to the time change and the dark coming at 4:30-5:00, but I will deal with it.  After my walk, I was at 129% of my activity and I felt so proud of myself.

So for Transformation Tuesday, I thought I would share a few segments from the “Made to Crave” book I talk about a lot.  In chapter 3, she talks about finally realizing that something had to give.  Her words mirror my experience almost exactly.

I can now look back and see how food was my drug.  It still is, and probably always will be.  It is an addiction that I will live with my entire life.  I just have to learn how to live with it and make the best choices possible.

I definitely felt trapped.  It was a vicious cycle= feel bad about myself ®eat crap® feel bad about myself®eat crap®try to lose weight®fail®feel bad about myself®eat crap.  You get the point.  I was trapped and thought the food would make me feel better.  Now I am not cured of this addiction, I still have moments that I struggle with this.  I really struggle with low self-esteem and don’t feel worthy of good things happening to me.  I don’t feel like I have the confidence to do the things I want to do.  For example, at church on Sunday Pastor asked a couple of ladies to go up front and pray with some other ladies.  I didn't want to do it because I didn't feel like I was good enough or that someone would be judging me.  I did it anyway and I was glad, but I still struggle with these emotions.  I found this quote the other day and I keep playing it in my head when I feel down about myself:

Lysa goes on to say:

So very true.  This is a journey.  It will last for as long as my time on earth lasts.  I am changing not only physically, but mentally and spiritually too.  I don’t think it will end when I have lost 247 pounds.  I am starting to learn that a goal weight is not what will make me love myself.

If you struggle with food addiction, PLEASE know there is hope.  It is not easy, and it will not end.  But with God you can learn to deal with it and find yourself worthy of making a change.

Keep Losing,

Kari

The excerpts were from this book:

No comments:

Post a Comment