photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Weigh-In and a Black Eye

Happy Thursday! Sorry I have been MIA.  I had eye surgery on Monday and I am still recovering.  The surgery went well, but it could take weeks or months to see if the surgery will improve my vision.  I apologize in advance for any typos in today’s post as I am not seeing very well at all.  The doctor had to place a gas bubble in my eye, which means I have to be face down or laying on my side until I see him again next Thursday.  I am only on day 3 and I am about to go out of my mind!  I have really watched my food intake since I am getting ZERO activity in.  Here is a picture of my eye (sorry if it grosses you out).

I decided to go weigh-in today (not stay for the meeting).  I need the accountability of weighing in once a week to stay on track.  I convinced myself that even if the number was higher, I would be content.  So at weigh-in this afternoon, I was down 0.6 pounds for a total of 86.8 gone since November 1.  I was very happy with those results and I even got to get out of the house for an hour!

Remember when I posted the delicious banana chocolate chip baked oatmeal muffins recipe (Click here for post)? Well this past weekend, I tweaked the recipe again.  Instead of the mashed bananas, I used ¾ c applesauce.  Instead of the cranberries and chocolate chips, I used raisins and cinnamon.  They were YUMMY! And only 2 points+!!!

My posts won’t be too exciting the next week as all I am doing is lying on the couch and watching Lost on Netflix.  I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers you all have sent me for my surgery and recovery.  I am not going to let this get me off my plan.  I can still eat healthy, no excuses!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment