photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, September 2, 2013

NSV's and a Question!


Happy Labor Day!  Even if you had to work, I hope you enjoyed your day!  My day started off a little rough.  I woke up with a terrible migraine and was throwing up.  I did manage to force myself to eat breakfast and I took my headache meds.  I sat in my chair all morning and by noon, decided to go back to bed.  I slept for 2 hours and when I got up I felt much better.  Not 100% but enough to function.  I had decided I was not going to exercise today since yesterday was supposed to be my rest day and I got all my activity in.  However, when I looked at my ActiveLink and saw I was only at 25%, I started to feel guilty.  I tried to get hubby to do something with me and he wanted to go to a movie.  I really did not feel like sitting through a movie, so hubby and baby boy went and I took a walk!  I walked almost 2.5 miles down roads I had never been on before.  I got to use my new Bluetooth headphones, which I LOVE!

SO, as I was walking I realized that as the cars were passing me today, I did not worry about what they thought of me.  I did not worry that they would wonder why some old, fat lady was out walking.  Talk about an NSV (non-scale victory)!  I was very happy to realize that some of my negative self-image is fading. 

Another NSV I want to share is that yesterday was supposed to be my rest day, and I hit 140% on my ActiveLink with a 5.5 mile bike ride.  I did not ride my bike to exercise, I rode for FUN!!!! That is something I would never had done before.  And my new padded bike shorts made all the difference in my comfort while riding. 

I have had a GREAT long weekend.  Attended a fish fry and hosted a cook-out and managed to stay within my points all weekend! 

I do have a quick question.  When you walk (or run) what is the best way to carry your water with you?  I didn't take any today and I needed it.  I don’t want to carry it with me, but I don’t know the best way to take it.

I hope you all have a great week!  I am going to be rushing to get things done before my surgery next week.

Keep Losing,
Kari



1 comment:

  1. Kari--In regards to water, buy a Camelbak water container. You can wear it on your back and it is light weight! Keep up your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete