photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Transformation Tuesday!


 All of these blogs and Facebook pages I am seeing today are calling this Transformation Tuesday.  I definitely feel as if I am transforming every day.  For example, last night I was craving chocolate (like so bad I almost sent hubby to buy me some at gas station).  In the past I would have binged chocolate, entire big bags of M&M’s or Reese’s Cups.  And believe me that is what I wanted last night.  However, I knew that I would feel terrible emotionally and physically if I gave in and binged.  So I made myself a chocolate Weight Watchers smoothie and had a fiber 1 bar.  Now don’t get me wrong, it was not nearly as satisfying as M&M’s or Reese’s, but I felt good that I did not let my cravings get me off plan. 

Chapter 3 in “Made to Crave” by Lysa Terkeurst talks about finding a plan that works for you.  I personally do Weight Watchers, it works for me.  Lots of people I follow do lots of different plans.  We are ALL different and unique and we must accept that not everything will work for everybody.  A general plan described by her is:

“This journey will require you to make some tough sacrifices, but I’ve come to look at this process as embracing healthy choices rather than denying myself.  There are lessons to be learned and perspectives to be gained in the season of embracing healthy choices.  These will not just be physical lessons.  The mental and spiritual lessons gained in this will be the very thing that will equip you for the long haul.”

Man, that is so true.  If I don’t change mentally and spiritually the physical benefits will not last for me.  That doesn't mean this is easy, I struggle with my choices every day.  But it is worth it and I am discovering more than anything that I AM WORTH IT!!!

This has been a tough week for me.  I have been confined to the couch for an entire week now and will be until my post-op visit Thursday (where hopefully I will be released to do some things). I have been encouraged by all the Facebook posts and blogs from others going through the same journey I am.  I have received some very nice messages the past few days.  I have a long way to go to meet my final goal, but I WILL get there one ounce and one good choice at a time.

I don’t have much new going on to write about as my life has consisted of the couch and TV the past week!  I hope you are all doing well and working on becoming happy and healthy!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment