photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Weigh-In Thursday and a Recipe!

This has been a pretty good week for me.  I have got all my activity in and stayed on plan with my eating.  The weather has been nice enough to walk or ride my bike every day! And last night we went for a spin in the convertible and discovered Jiffy Treat had pumpkin dream delite ice cream!!!  It is only 1 point+ for a small dish and I was in heaven!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything pumpkin!

Today was weigh-in day!  I was down 1.4 for a total of 86.2 since November 1.  It is coming off slowly, but it is coming off!!

In addition to weighing in, I also do my measurements on the first Thursday of each month.   I was a little disappointed in my measurements.  I only lost inches in my bust area and everywhere else stayed the same.  So here are my measurement differences for the month and for the past 10 months.

Monthly Change
Total Change



Waist
0
-18
Hips
0
-12
Thigh
0
-7
Arms
0
-6
Bust
-3
-12



Total
-3
-55

I also received my special reward I bought for myself in August.  This is called a living locket and I purchased it through a girl I follow on Facebook (click here for her page!)who sells Origami Owl products.  These things are awesome.  I made mine with a 247 in the middle to remind me of how many pounds I want to lose.  I added the tag, I Will, to keep me motivated.  I LOVE this!! 

Last night I made one of our favorite dishes, Saffron and Tomato Chicken with Olive Couscous.  This recipe comes from a Weight Watchers cookbook, From Pantry to Plate.  It is SO YUMMY!!!! Thought I would share the recipe with you:

Ingredients:
4 (1/4 pound) skinless boneless chicken breasts halves
¼ tsp salt
1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves. Minced
¼ tsp saffron threads, crumbled
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup couscous
¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
¼ cup diced red onion
3 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp olive oil

Directions:
1.      Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and place over medium heat.  Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and cook, turning until tender and cooked through, 10-12 minutes.  Transfer the chicken to a plate.
2.     Increase the heat to medium-high.  Add the tomatoes, garlic, saffron, and cinnamon to the same skillet; bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.  Return the chicken to the skillet.
3.     Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.  Toss with the olives, onions, almonds, parsley, and oil.  Divide the couscous among 4 plates.  Place a piece of chicken on each mound of couscous and spoon the tomato mixture over the top.

Nutritional Information:
PER SERVING (1 piece of chicken, 1/3 cup sauce, and ½ cup couscous): 337 cal, 9 g fat, 2 g Sat. Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 73 mg Chol, 424 mg Sod, 30 g Carb, 4 g Fib, 33 g Prot, 84 mg Cal.  Points+ value: 8

Well, I will say goodbye for now! Hope you all are having a wonderful, healthy, and happy week!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment