photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, September 30, 2013

Goals, And you are unique!!!

First off, I apologize for not writing a blog entry sooner.  To be honest, I really didn’t know what to write about.  I am still struggling with some eye pain and have not been able to resume working out and I think I was feeling sorry for myself.

I follow probably over 100 different Facebook pages and blogs related to healthy eating and fitness.  Within these are many different plans.  Eating plans such as Paleo, Atkins. Carb Cycling, MediFast, Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, Weight Watchers, surgery, diet pills and many more.  Fitness plans such as Crossfit, Beachbody, Insanity, P90X, running, gym memberships, walking, etc.  The point of this is that each one of us has to find the program that works for us as an individual.  God created us all unique for a reason and what works for you may not work for another.  I may share foods that you would never eat, but I share because someone may find it helpful.  We have to stop comparing ourselves and our journey with other people.  I fall into this trap and feel like I am a slacker because he/she lost more weight in a shorter amount of time, but then I read where someone is thrilled to lose 10 pounds in a year.  We cannot keep comparing our journeys to each other.  We can provide support and motivation, but we are unique individuals that have to find what is right for us.

I cannot believe this is the last day of September.  This month has flown by! I had set two goals for myself in September:

1.      Lose 8 pounds. -  I lost 5 pounds this month.  I am happy considering I have been very sedentary since my surgery.

2.      Track EVERYTHING I eat.  I am having surgery on the 9th and won’t be able to exercise for most of the month so my food intake will be crucial. – I did a good job with this goal.  I tracked every single bite than went into my mouth, even when it wasn't pretty.


1.      I will get my 2 servings of healthy oils in everyday (I have been bad about this one).
2.      I will stay on plan over our fall break vacation! (and I want to do a mountain climbing hike –eek!!!)

I am gonna say bye bye for now! Hope you are all doing well and making every day happy and healthy!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment