photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Checking In and Happy Momma's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all ladies out there who are mothers or who are mother figures. We have the hardest, but most rewarding job in the world. 

I am especially blessed to have an amazing mother who has always loved me unconditionally and has been by my side through the roller coaster of my life. I love you momma, more than you will ever know!

Today was a great day. My parents, sisters, nephews, and brother in law all got together at my house. Hubby grilled and we enjoyed spending time together. 

Most of you know that I had a third foot surgery (same foot) on April 30. 
I had to have a fusion of the first MTP joint on the left foot. This comes after a surgery on the same area last February that just didn't fix the problem caused by severe osteoarthritis in my feet. Here is my post op X-ray of my robo-toe:

I had to spend the first week completely non weight bearing. I saw my surgeon this past Wednesday and got the bandages changed. I'm now in a walking boot and I can bear some weight just to go to the bathroom and such, but no more than that. 
Don't you love that Cash is with me in both pictures? He has taken such good care of me and so have my hubby and boys. 

This surgery has been HARD. Lots of swellng, pain, and the incision site is still bleeding a little. I'm a week and a half out and still taking prescription pain meds (which if you know me is rare). I have to sit with it propped up 99% of the time. 

I did make it to church this morning. Hubby and I worked in the nursery!!! I see my surgeon again Wednesday, where hopefully I'll get the stitches out. 

I'm getting along okay. I have some cabin fever, but I have rested a lot and read some good books. 

Just wanted to check in with all of you to let you know the latest. 

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment