photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Transformation Tuesday - Meet Angela

Today has been a good day!  A new friend from church came over for a visit.  She brought me lunch, a flower, and a great time of visiting.  I miss having girlfriends to visit with.  I definitely need to do that more often! 

Tomorrow is another post-op visit with an x-ray and hopefully stitch removal.  I am ready to get them out so I can shower without all of the hassle of keeping my incision dry.


Today is Transformation Tuesday and I have another great story to share with you.  I started reading her blog and then saw her and her husband on a TV show, AND then I got to meet her in read life at Fitbloggin last year.  Here is Angela's story:

1. Tell us a little about yourself. 

I'm Angela. I lost 200 pounds in 14 months. I've been maintaining for 2 years now. I blog at webeatfat.com and I LOVE to RUN!

2. What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?

My husband and I decided that it was time to live better so that we could live longer. He actually came to me first and said it was time to make a change. I decided that it was something that we needed to do together. We decided on January 6, 2011, four days before our first wedding anniversary, that it was time. We never looked back after that.

3. What changes have you made?

I've completely cut out fast food. There are no more of those trips to McDonalds and Burger King. The biggest change I made was eating and drinking frequently throughout the day. Before I would not eat breakfast and skip lunch and not have anything until I got off work. Then I would just be loading up on food and gorging on really bad and unhealthy foods. It was a bad situation. Now I'm always eating and drinking throughout the day.

Oh, I do always bring food with me too. Eating out is something I try to avoid at all costs. Yes, sometimes it's unavoidable but for the most part, I prepare my food at home and bring it with me. I always carry snacks with me because you never know when you're going to get stuck somewhere and get hungry.

4. How is your life different now?

I'm more active now. I've become a fitness instructor at our gym. I workout. I run which is something I never thought I would ever do. I run marathons. I travel more. There are moments when I am sitting at home on the couch, but not as many as I had before. I just have more energy to go out and tackle the world.

5. Any advice for others on their own journey?

Don't do it for anyone else, but yourself. Everyone is not going to understand your journey better than yourself. If you're doing it for someone or something other than yourself, it can get you into trouble. You will may be your harshest critic but you will by your BIGGEST FAN. There will be times when it's going to get hard, but you will get through it. Remember why you started. And most importantly, what works for one person may not work for you. Find your own way. Ask questions, get answers and make it work for you.

Read our weight loss story at webeatfat.com
Follow on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WeBeatFat
Twitter: @webeatfat
Instagram: @AngelaBeatFat



What an awesome transformation!  I love following her page and seeing all the places she is visiting for her runs!  I love that her and her husband are living this way TOGETHER!  

I am still on the search for more stories to share for Transformation Tuesday! If you would like a chance to tell your story, click here to fill out the form or e-mail me your story at klgoodman1976@gmail.com I LOVE seeing all of the inspiration and we have to lift each other up! We are all in this together!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment