photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, May 15, 2015

Peace

Happy Friday! This has been an extremely busy week, especially since I'm still recovering from surgery and having to take it slow and easy. I just keep waiting for things to calm down, for life to quiet down, to get back into routine, for PEACE!

After my quiet time yesterday, I think it finally occurred to me that THIS is my life. I cannot make peace, peace is given to me. I am reading the She Reads Truth study on the fruits of the spirit and yesterday's was all about peace. Here is a quote that stood out to me:

The closer we draw to Him, the more we see that peace is not something we make. Rather, Christ' peace He gives to us, not as the world gives us.

With 3 teenagers, a husband, 5 cats, a dog, 2 fish and a gecko our life is VERY hectic. I never feel caught up. There is always laundry, dishes, practice, shopping, homework, appointments, etc. I realize that this is life. I won't ever be caught up. I won't ever be finished while here on earth. And what would I do if I was done? I'd probably be bored!!!!

Even the anxiety and issues I'm going through are just a part of my life.

Time to embrace it and let my chaos remind me of my blessings!!! (Even when while I'm writing this, my youngest just yelled from the kitchen "the cat just blew chunks in here". Good thing I'm crippled! Lol)

I had my second post-op visit yesterday and unfortunately I was not able to get the stitches removed. It is healing, just slowly. At least 5 more weeks in the boot cast, but at least I can walk on it using crutches or my cane now. This pic shows what it looks like today 15 days post-op:

I am still having quite a bit of pain, but it is getting less and less depending on how much I do in a day.

Well, that is it for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment