photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Transformation Tuesday - Death to the scale!


Happy Tuesday! No new Transformation Tuesday story this week, but I have a few hopefuls coming up!

Today was a stressful day! I had an MRI on my foot that took forever! And then my SI injections. I think I spent more time waiting on medical appointments today than I did doing anything else. 

By the time I got to the center for the injections, I had worked myself into a full panic. My blood pressure was through the roof and I could barely breathe. It was awful! BUT, the procedure was not too bad. A little pain, but I definitely worked myself up for no reason. I was feeling good when I left the office, but I'm sore now, which he said I would be. He said the steroids may take several days to relieve the pain and inflammation. So, I'm hopeful!!!!!

And, I had to step on the scale. What you don't know is that the past few months I have had to take rounds of steroids to treat my back. I guess I didn't realize they can cause weight gain, BUT WOW THEY DID! I was shocked and ready for chocolate. Isn't it funny how the first thing I thought of after seeing an almost 20 pound gain was chocolate! Ugh! But I was good and took some time to reflect on the big picture. 

I can't exercise because of my back, but I can eat right. I have tried every natural treatment and the steroids were a last resort before the injections (which were also steroids). I'm looking at the broader picture, I have to go through this to get well so I can continue on my journey. I have been assured that this gain is common and should go away easily. 

So my strategy (besides wanting to quit and eat candy):
Continue to eat healthier!
Work back up to exercising!
NOT ALLOW A NUMBER ON A SCALE TO DEFINE ME!
Face the number at Weight Watchers and move forward!

And just to make me feel better, a few of these:

And, how are you doing getting those 4-6 servings of veggies in everyday?

am still on the search for more stories to share for Transformation Tuesday! If you would like a chance to tell your story, click here to fill out the form. I LOVE seeing all of the inspiration and we have to lift each other up! We are all in this together!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment