photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Failure

Happy Friday! It has been a busy day. I started off the day getting my hair that I have grown out for 4 years chopped off. I really like it. But I'm nervous at how it will look when I have to fix it myself!
I am writing this quickly and late tonight. So bear with me as I vent a little. 

We went to our high acho basketball game tonight. Our oldest son was playing in the band. Tonight was a fundraiser for a boy in our community battling leukemia. The students all raised money for one of the teachers to kiss a pig, they held a silent auction and other things. 

ANYWAY, my oldest was recognized tonight for a good deed that he performed during all of this. Now I have never really talked about my oldest and all of his quirks and issues and I won't tonight but it will be coming up in another post. 

But as he walked down onto the basketball court tonight, I was in tears at how proud I was of his generous heart. But a part of me finally realized what a failure I have been at teaching my kids about getting healthy. My oldest has gained quite a bit of weight and it finally hit me tonight that I have enabled him to become so heavy. How could I do that to him when I know how hard it is and especially in high school? I feel awful about letting it go so long without finally doing something more about it. 

I don't want to be a food nazi and I can't control what he eats at school, but I can control what I allow to be brought into my house. 

Tomorrow the two of us are sitting down and coming up with a plan!

I'm not going to let him make the same bad choices I made. 

This will be difficult, but it must be done!

Okay, vent over!

I love you all!

Sending love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

1 comment:

  1. Any advice in this area is greatly appreciated. I have a 7th grader who is overweight and it just seems that nothing works with him. I don't allow junk in my house however our biggest battle is eating out. He doesn't have many friends and I can tell food is his best friend. We have had many talks and I just feel NOTHING gets through to him.

    ReplyDelete