photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, August 3, 2015

Mental Health Monday - Marriage Woes

Welcome to Mental Health Monday! This was born out of Liz and Steph's  session on Depression, Anxiety and Healthy Living from Fitbloggin’ 15. Every 1st and 3rd Monday one of us will host a link up for others to share their experiences with Mental illness – either from their own experience or from the experience of helping and walking with others. Our goal is to reach out to the world and let people know that they are not alone in their struggles. You are never alone. Join us – link up, visit new blogs, support others. Speak out: “I am crazy…CRAZY AWESOME!”


I apologize for my absence the past few weeks here.  I have had a lot of crap going on in my life and it has just been nuts.  I have really been thinking a lot about my blog and what I am wanting it to become since getting back from Fitbloggin.  I am considering revamping it a little bit to fit more into what my journey has become over the past few years.  I will share more as I make some decisions.  I will keep blogging, but shifting my focus away from only fitness and weight loss.

I am going to share a very personal struggle here today.  One I have not shared with anyone before, but in the name of transparency, I feel I should talk about it some.

My marriage has been struggling a little.  Now don't start worrying, we are not separating or divorcing or even using those words.  We have just been going through a lot of stress lately with our business and life in general.  And it has taken its toll on our relationship some.  We are working hard together to rekindle some of the closeness we had in the beginning.  And I think this is very common in a lot of relationships and not discussed enough.  

As I have been studying and reading, I came across the poem/story called "Perfect Love," author unknown.  This is like God's letter to the Christian woman regarding perfect love:

Wait, not until you are first satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by Me can I bring you true love.  You see, first you must give yourself totally and unreservedly to Me, discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found. Only then, will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have for you. You will never be fully united with another until you are united with Me.  Exclusive to anyone or anything else, I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow Me to bring it to you.  You must keep watching and experiencing the satisfaction that I am, expecting Me to do the greatest of things.  Most importantly, keep listening and learning the things I show you,  Just wait...That's all!  Don't be anxious and don't worry.  Don't look at the things others have received, or that I have given them.  You just keep looking at Me, or you'll miss what I am teaching you.  Then, when you're ready, I'll give you a love far more wonderful than any you will ever dream about.  Most of all, I want you to see in his flesh, a picture of your relationship with Me and enjoy the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you.  "Believe it and be satisfied."  My daughter, until you are ready - I am working even this moment to have you both ready at the same time.  Until you are both satisfied and content with Me and the life I have prepared for you; you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me, thus, perfect love.

These words really hit home to me.  I have been working so hard on loving myself, even liking myself, let alone receiving the love my husband has to offer me.  But this really speaks to just rest in Him, focus on Him and it will all be okay.

That is really all I have to say for now.  This was not planned for a post, but I really felt the need to share with all of you,

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Hugs and Peace friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem and your openness! You are totally right. This is something that happens to many (all?) couples and it's important to work through it. Four years together and I am just learning how to love myself more so I can love him better. I am thankful for a kind and patient man.

    I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that. I think it's great that you and your husband are working through things. So many people throw in the towel the second things get hard. I wish you both luck and happiness together!

    ReplyDelete