photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday, working from the inside out




I woke up to a cold, rainy morning here in Indiana. I really didn't want to get up, but coffee was sounding pretty good. Walked the dog and froze, feeling congested, and just slightly grouchy.

Poured myself a nice hot, strong cup of coffee and snuggled on the couch with Cash (the dog) and my new Bible (extra large print and I LOVE it) for my quiet time. Before I even started reading, I already felt better. Just getting warm with the dog and coffee and knowing that God's words would warm up my slightly grouchy heart. 

Today's reading (I am doing the SheReads Truth study of the book of John) was John chapter 3. I have read through the Bibke several times and studied a lot, but today I really took something from my quiet time. 

In this chapter of John, we meet Nicodemus. He was a Pharisee, a member of the Jewish council. Do we know he was a smart, educated man. Nicodemus comes to Jesus, under the cover of night, gathering information on Jesus. Jesus tells him that he must be born again to see the kingdom of God and honestly Nicodemus just doesn't get it. 

So you can read the story for yourself, but here is what I took from if:

Nicodemus was a smart, intelligent man. He was on the ruling council of the religious leaders of the time. The Pharisees were religious people. They followed the religious law to a T! However those things were an outward showing, an outward appearance. What Jesus was trying to teach Nicodemus was an internal, heart approach. When you love Christ, it starts on the inside where no one can see and the outward behavior stem from that. 

Man I could go on and on, but here is how I relate this to my journey to become happier and healthier. I think sometimes for me (especially since I blog, tweet, post, and Instagram my entire journey) I get very wrapped up in my image, how I look on the outside to my readers. I worry do much about your perction of me, that I forget the real reason behind what I am trying to accomplish. Just like the Pharisees were more worried about doing everything right so others would see them following the law. It is time for me to step back and remember that true change starts on the inside. 


Okay, one more quick thing from my quiet time. Take at look at verse 30. Now John the Baptist is talking and being questioned about Jesus sort of usurping his role in baptizing others. I LOVE what he says in this verse. 

"He must become greater; I must become less."

This is going to become a mantra for me this year. This blog is not just about me getting more numbers, it is not for me to become popular, but I want it to be a place where I can share my journey while proclaiming the One who made my journey possible. 

I hope you all have an amazing Saturday. 

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment