photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, January 4, 2015

This Could Change Your Year and Your Life

I don't usually post on Sunday, but I just could not wait until tomorrow to share this with you.  Before the close of 2014, I signed up for a 52 week challenge that was based on making one small change per week to become a happier and healthier person.  This is hosted by a "new to me" site I have been following called the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  Click here to go to their challenge page, and check out their site for some other awesome stuff while you are there.  This challenge is based off of the book "52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You" written by Brett Blumenthal.
I downloaded mine onto my iPad from Amazon.  

I will be honest with you, I sign up for these challenges and very rarely finish them, but tonight I read the introduction and first two chapters of this book and I was blown away!  Once you read the beginning, each chapter is meant to be a small change for an entire week.  The challenge does not officially start until tomorrow so you have plenty of time to sign up.  I am going to try to share parts of this challenge, as well as my reflections here on the blog each week.  For tonight, I simply want to share a few quotes that really stood out to me tonight:

"The Secret to making change that lasts is to acknowledge and accept that change takes time and that patience during the process is essential."

"When we attempt to make major change in our lives, it is natural for us to want to go from all to nothing...or vice versa."

"Easing into change helps make it seem less overwhelming and more manageable."

"If we set out to make a big change but ignore each small step we take along the way, we never have a sense of accomplishment.  If we make small changes and acknowledge our success in mastering each one, however, we feel as though we are making progress.  This in turn inspires and motivates us to forge ahead with small change after small change, ultimately helping us to master the big change in the end."

"The idea is simple: make one small change per week for 52 weeks, and at the end of the year, you'll be happier and healthier."

"Don't let slip-ups make you feel as though you've failed. Life requires us to make sacrifices at times.  And when unhealthier moments occur, remember that tomorrow is a new day and those unhealthy moments are just moments.  Make them as temporary as possible and approach each day with new motivation and a new outlook." 

And finally:

"Make this a choice. Your quest for health and happiness is a choice.  Something inside you caused you to want it.  Erase phrases such as 'I have to,' 'I should,' and 'I'm supposed to' from your mind, and instead focus on 'I want to,'

I think every word the author wrote speaks directly to where I am in my journey.  I am not going to elaborate and reflect as I feel the quotes speak for themselves.

And just a heads-up, this weeks small change is WATER!  I will talk more about this tomorrow!

But if this sounds interesting, go check out the challenge and the book!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari


1 comment:

  1. I am a little late to the game but I am in! Just signed up. Good thing I am set for week one. I am a faithful water drinker :)

    ReplyDelete