photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Why Me Wednesday?




Today has been an awesome day! And I will share more about it with you tomorrow!! HAHA, I will make you wait!

But for now, I want to share something else with you. This morning I was looking back at my Facebook memories and I came across a note that I wrote 5 years ago on this day. As I read through it I was brought back to some things that I am still going through and the things I was thinking during those times that I needed to be reminded of today. So I thought I would share it here:

Why Me, God?

Have you ever asked God, “Why Me?” I know I have more times than I can count. I wonder why on several things such as:

  • Why did I have to watch my husband die when he was only 29?
  • Why did I lose half of my eyesight when I was only 30?
  • Why do I struggle with this pseudo tumor every single day?

I think it is natural to question the events that happen to us sometimes. We wonder why God allows bad things to happen to good people. I have really been struggling lately with my health and I wonder why God does not just take the problems away from me. However, when I was in the shower this morning as I was asking myself a long list of why questions, God answered me with scriptures I had memorized.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose”. Romans 8:28 (NIV) – The word that sticks out to me here is ALL. He works ALL things, not just the good, but the bad as well. Everything we go through is for good even when we cannot see it at the time. I hold onto the promise that one day my why questions will be answered and I will understand, but if not I hold onto God’s promise.

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” – 2 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV) – Wow, my troubles sure do not always feel light and momentary, but when I think about what awaits me in the end it feels worth it. Each time I remember this verse, I think of Christ and his suffering on the cross. He took all of that punishment for me and for you because He knew what it would achieve. That gives me a hope that my life here is achieving something more.

Do these scriptures answer my why questions? No, but they give me hope and remind me of God’s promises. The Bible promises “the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 (NIV). God’s peace will provide enough for me even if I do not receive the answers to my questions.

Do not feel bad about questioning God, but be open to the fact that you may not receive the answer you are looking for, but an answer that guides us to God’s promise of eternal life that will far exceed any answer we could receive here on earth.
“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.” ~Mother Teresa
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NIV)

Reflections:

I am in no way a writer. I am not poetic or literary in any way shape or form. However, if my troubles and struggles can help someone else, then they are worth sharing. Maybe, just maybe, God gives us troubles so we can continue to let his joy shine through us so others can continue to have hope. Let your light continue to shine (even when it is hard and does not feel worth it). You never know who can take comfort from knowing that you have overcome your problems and that there is hope that they can too.

In Christ,
Kari Goodman

I hope my rambling thoughts can help someone reading these words today!

Verse for the day:


Sending you love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment